Wednesday 26 December 2012

Watching | Sword Art Online - Episode 25 (End)

The final episode of Sword Art Online. ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚


As promised, I'm posting another one for SAO because it was far too long when last I updated my anime summary/review posts here. 

There, this episode started off with Kirito going to Asuna's hospital to visit her (because he finally got to save and force log out Asuna from ALFheim Online). But when he got to the parking lot of the hospital, Sugou was there to ambush him with a knife. He was stabbed at the arms and got a sliced on the cheek. However, while he was being beaten and almost killed, he decided to get his logic back and remembered that the players in the game would still be the same outside the game. This means Sugou is still as weak as he is in the game. So, Kirito decided to overpower the already handicapped attacker. 

Finally, after the debacle at the parking lot, he get to visit Asuna (which was a little weird considering that the visiting hours had already passed and there were no one in the nurse's station... @_@ oh well...).



I laughed my head off there! REALLY!! They move fast~ LOL

It was like, they've known each other in-game and then they just met for the first time (logically) for real (thus, the introductions) then after a few moments of star gazing at each other's eyes they shared a LONG PASSIONATE KISS! (*≧▽≦)ノシ)) I can't help it, I laughed!

Alright, so after a while, they finally went back to their ordinary lives. (Haven't read the manga/visual novel yet so I don't really know if they really did went to each other's school or somebody transferred... which would be Asuna in a more possible light.) Kirito, Asuna, Liz, and Silica went to very much the same school. So every lunch break, you will see Kirito and Asuna eating in a secluded garden the "bentou" (consists of a TLC Sandwich like the ones she first gave Kirito in SAO) Asuna made for them. And at the cafeteria you'll see jealous Liz and Silica going on and on about why'd they decided to make a pact of letting Asuna and Kirito go out for one whole month before they made a move individually. 

But before that I have a good news, I am NOT the only one who will always call Kirito ...Kirito,,, and not his real name Kazuya. Asuna's got my back there!(*^3^)/~☆


Alright, so the former SAO players and current ALFheim players will have a meet-and-greet/reunion at Dicey Cafe owned by Gilbert. Then in the evening, they would also meet at the World Tree at around 11pm.

Hey, we are not alone! Everyone in the anime seems to have an affinity to calling Kirito... Kirito and not Kazuya! LOL
Anyways, remember "The Seed"? Kirito and Gilbert finally found out that it is a package of program that allows you to create your own VRMMO which made it really popular in the net after it was uploaded by Glibert. So, now it is the saving grace of the VRMMO industry, world and company developer. (I think, it's kinda like RPG Maker in a sense but goes on using the NerveGear and a full virtual reality landscape and environment) 

After the celebration and certain explanations (should be more interesting if you watch it yourself than me typing it here LOL), they are back online. So, with Suguha's insecurties with how thing's are with her "oniichan" and the other SAO players, she decided to reach for the moon.. literally. However, she failed and fell down, where Kirito catches her... again.

Now, with speeches like that, tell me why girls don't fall for Kirito ..?
~(=_=~)

Kirito and Leafa dancing in the moonlight groove. LOL
And, then Kirito told Leafa why he prefer to use his ALFheim avatar than that of SAO. He then asked if Leafa/Suguha would continue this journey with him clearing the 100 Floors of Aincard. 

awww, Suguha and her eternal unrequited love for her oniichan (brocon complex).
*drum rolls* Presenting to you Asuna of ALFheim Online!!

Have you seen Leafa with her hair down? She looks just like Asuna. LOL
Anyways, I still like Asuna with her ORANGE hair~ ^_^
And here we see the tower from SAO floating in the vast sky of ALFheim Online! 

THE END!

_______________________________

Thoughts:
Another anime that just finished before the year ends. *sigh* 
I understood from those who read the manga/visual novels that there are so many arcs and scenes that were cut out in the anime. And, that they were hoping for a second season revolving around the Phantom-i-forgot-the-word-arc. (<---really I forgot ... (~_~;;)) I also thought that there would be an upcoming season 2 soon because as what Kirito said, he WILL conquer all 100 Floors of the tower with he help of all his friends and with Asuna's new hair color, LOL. So far, I must say that this anime is kind of unique in its own way and I love how Reki Kawahara, the author of this story, made his own vision for the VRMMO (MMORPG  as of now). He created the world where you are not limited to just one game for your one character but that you can even carry on your character (with all your items and stats that can be used and is compatible) with other VRMMO games. I really love to be one of those who will hopefully experience this vision in the near future.

Visuals: 4
As far as the whole anime is concerned, it's visually nice and not boring. And, the action packed scenes doesn't seem overly crowded or even confusing in a way. However, it doesn't really show any other above quality visuals than any anime of the same genre (.Hack, Accel World) so I couldn't give it a full score. But, it is fun watching how the scenes play out everytime.

Plot/Story: 4
As I can see it, I agree with most of the people who says that this is a crossover with the animes, .hack, Tower of Druaga, Accel World, and others.This is the reason why I also couldn't give it a full star. However, there is still the uniqueness in the story and the consistency of the plot even when changing arcs. So I actually commend how they made it successful. I also like how it made me feel all kinds of emotions whenever I am watching it. And, though they OVERLY made it fast phased, it does have some of its tender moments that can still have climactic events in an episode. So yeah, a great applause still!

Character: 4
I know, I know! You're going to kill me now. I haven't gave it a full score because I think there can still be some improvement with the characters though I do love them now. As far as I am concerned, Kirito is your typical main guy in an anime series with all his dilemma, insecurities, arrogance, and bite-more-than-you-can-chew characteristics; Asuna is you typical damsel in distress and PERVERT lead girl (LOL). And I can go on and on until you can take in my point, but I'll go straight to the point, if you wan uniqueness in the character and an anime I'll give full score with the same genre would be Accel World. (You WILL understand why I will give it a full score if you watch the anime, I promise!).

Ending: 4
I like how they ended the whole anime though it's kind of confusing whether if it is a cliff hanger for the sequel or just an open end like it. I hope it's the former! *cross fingers* However, I could also think of more than one way to have a far greater more ending than what they did.

Overall: 4
I love the anime but would still prefer .hack series. Maybe because in SAO and ALFheim there wouldn't be as much choice in class, job, and specialty as with .hack. Nevertheless, this is one hell of an anime series which is I must say also very emotional and can make you feel how the gamers (like me) feel whenever they are inside the game. So, I quote Sugou/Oberon "Three cheers for the virtual games!". I hope to see a season 2 announcement soon!

There!!! I finally finished my promise! ^_^ I hope you enjoyed watching SAO and reading my reviews/summary of it! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?