Friday 28 December 2012

Manga Addiction | Oresama Teacher - Tsubaki Izumi

Alternative Title: Ore-sama Teacher
Mangaka: Tsubaki Izumi
Summary:

Kurosaki Mafuyu was a juvenile delinquent and head of her gang before her subsequent arrest got her expelled from high school. Now that she’s transferred to a new high school, she’s determined to become an “ultra-shiny, super feminine high school student.” But with a new friend like Hayasaka-kun and a homeroom teacher like Saeki Takaomi (who may be more than he seems), will Mafuyu really be able to live a girly-girl high school life!?
 (Source: Intercross)

Here we go again!! I always see this manga title but always forget to read it. And, now that's my BIG mistake! REALLY REALLY BIG MISTAKE! I am currently at chapter 5 and can't stop reading (well, just finished the chapter 5 and stopped before continuing to chapter 6 because I can't help sharing this!). It's just a regret that I didn't find it 4 years ago... YES! This manga is already 4 years old and I'm just starting to read now...<(~_~<) However, thinking on a bright side, at least I could read it up till chapter 90+ without stopping!! Yeahey! *cross fingers* I just hope they won't stop releasing the next chapter, I'm tempted to donate something just to speed up the release.

Alright, so, as far as chapters one to five is concern, it's FUNNY as HELL! Yeah! I can't stop laughing and punching anything near me when I'm reading this manga. I remembered reading a review in MAL about this manga and one critique said... "If you're going to read Oresama Teacher, do it somewhere secluded where you can laugh your ass off like an idiot without getting in trouble."-Iwasmarching

Now, I totally agreed with him/her! I was laughing my head off like a stupid idiot without a care in the world and I was so glad I followed that advice, or I'll be punching everybody near me and they'll look at me like I'm crazy.

Somehow, this reminds me of Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and a bit of Arakure with both the young female main character having a really relentless aura of justice and strength that can be felt by any guy with strong sense. I think either of the guys in Oresama Teacher can be seen almost similar to the two main male characters in referred mangas. If you have read or watch either of the two I mentioned, you might know what I am talking about. Well, I must admit that they have different plots and group of people because for Kaichou wa maid-sama! it's lighter and more on the normal side of life; Arakure, goes on deeper because it involves Yakuza/Mafia. While, Oresama Teacher might go in the middle because it takes up deliquents/yankees. But, they are all great reads!!

Anyways, Oresama Teacher, is really peaking up my interest right now, and I won't be satisfied until I finish it (which would be impossible right now, considering it is still on-going just like Kaichou wa maid-sama! =_=)! Oh, and before I publish this, I just want to say that even the visual looks somewhat familiar... I just forgot which manga I saw this kind of art. (Especially, with Natsuo... looks like Echizen to me... hmmm... @_@) Okay, so there you have it, I'll give you updates or sneak peek on this manga before I rate/review/summarize/complete it . That is, if I can stop reading when I get to the middle of the volume so I can type it here. Till next post!!

1 comment:

  1. yeah!! you`re rigth is soo funny and had a little touch of drama in it, but i would love to see oresama in anime version!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?