Saturday 24 November 2012

Manga Read | Completed | My Beloved Knight is Still Learning!! (One-Shot)

Author/Artist: Kouzuki Rin
Summary:
A handsome apprentice "knight" with a stoic personality chooses to protect a clumsy 16-year-old maid for his 3 months of training. What's a knight to do when his maid gets in trouble? Can you guess how their relationship is going to turn out? And when his apprenticeship is over, does that mean they'll never see each other again...? [MangaChapters.net]


I just finished reading this one-shot shoujo manga with your typical romantic comedy that keeps you asking for more. O(≧∇≦)O Yay!

To tell you the truth, I was overreaching when I hope for something like Crimson Empire or Kimi Wa Boku no Toriko Nare story for this manga. Well, all of them are featuring MAID heroines... although, I must say both the former are done quite psychologically challenging and in reverse harem genre, unlike the latter. However, I do believe that this manga exceeded some of my expectations and made me hope for some extended chapters or omake~ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Anyways, the complete summary would be... Nagi (the standoffish Knight in training) and Yuna (the cheerful but clumsy maid) decided to continue their duties for three months. Kaede (the Knight's friend -- also a Knight in training) decided to play matchmaker and continually asks questions about why Nagi decided to take Yuna as his master. (Which, Nagi continuously deflects... LOL) So, one day Yuna decided to go shopping during her day off, when Nagi decided to join her. (Something looks fishy... yeah it looks like a date!!) After the whole thing, they decided to call each other by the first names. (Hmmm, not so obvious there people!) The next day, Nagi was called to the principal's office while Yuna stayed cleaning the yard... when she was kidnapped by a Yuna-obsessive-stalker. When she woke up, she saw so many pictures of her attached all over the room. (Yep, obsessive stalker... check!) This made Nagi and Kaede act to find out where and who took Yuna. This is followed by a four-pager rescue situation and an unexpected visit. The manga ends up with the maid becoming an heiress and of course, the Knight in training becoming a full pledged Knight. Happy! ( ̄ー ̄)



And here I go:

Plot/Story: 3.5
The plot is not really so original with so many MaidXKnight manga or any Maid heroine shoujo manga. With the lead guy falling or at least having feelings for the lead girl. However, the twist of the story being a rich heiress in the end.. (which usually happens in the beginning for a typical shoujo type manga) pulled my ratings up. Yes, idk about you but for me, it made the story interesting... (at least, at the end). But, anyhow, the story with being a trainee Knight and serving a Maid (not any VIP) made my day~

Characters: 3
The characters are Mr.Standoffish-cool-and-perfect-student main guy, Nagi Toujou and your Ms.Uber-clumsy-cheerful-but-orphaned main girl, Yuna makes up the typical shoujo couple when it comes to Master-Servant relationship (if you know what I mean...*eyebrows wiggle*). So, nothing new there, even if you include Mr.I-am-your-friend, Kaede, to the bunch. They are the standard characters in every shoujo manga but even so, they made the story interesting... (at least at the end, LOL).

Art: 4
The art is also good but still nothing too special. Although, it really made my nose bleed whenever I see Nagi in full action of a Knight, so yeah! Hands down to you Kouzuki-sensei! You can see in the photoscans included in here what I mean. ∩( ・ω・)∩

Overall: 3.5
The whole manga is a quick read. It's very simple, direct to the point and a little bit interesting. If this manga is not a one-shot and this is just a chapter of the said series, I might change some of my ratings. Unfortunately, this is a one-shot manga that means, the author needs to compress everything in a specific amount of pages. So, I understand why it's so fast phased, that there hasn't been anything interesting going on until the end. And, why I'm a little confused over how many hours/days/months have passed since page one. Nevertheless, it is a good read.

Done! There you have it~ I hope you enjoyed my review, don't be afraid to tell me what you think! Till next post!

PS. I was hoping to post this on my WP acct. but I am still suspended as of this moment. *sigh* 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?