Wednesday 21 November 2012

IdeAleihs | Betrayal Of Trust

Betrayal (or backstabbing) is the breaking or violation of a presumptive contract, trust, or confidence that produces moral and psychological conflict within a relationship amongst individuals, between organizations or between individuals and organization. Someone who betrays others is commonly called a traitor or betrayer. 

Trust (1) : a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship (2) : something committed or entrusted to one to be used or cared for in the interest of another.

I know eveyone had their own experience of being betrayed. I do. How'd you feel about it then? Afterwards? I felt really sick. Whenever I think of that specific event in my life, I feel miserable. 

But, will moving on and forgetting it a solution? For me, it's definitely no. I always say that I'm the kind of person who can forgive but will always remember. Because remembering makes it easier to learn from your mistakes. 

Okay! 

After being sentimental and letting you in my philosophy, we're going back on topic. 

There are so many types of betrayal, and far too many words to describe them. One of the worst kind of betrayal is what we call "Betrayal of Trust" -- hence, the title. 

Why do I say this is the worst kind of all? I'll start of by giving some situational examples. Betrayal of love, this is done when you abandon the idea of loving someone for any reason. Betrayal of friendship, you do this act when you abandon a friend in exchange of anything or for reasons other than keeping your friendship. 

What do you think is the same coefficient between the two situation? Is it the word abandonment or betrayal? No. The coefficient there is strangely, TRUST. With a loved one, you have a relationship because you trust that both of you have mutual feelings for each other. With friends, you trust each other to be loyal and their there for one another come what may. So... Betrayal of confidence, moral, love, hope, friendship, family, spouse, philosophy, and others are what you may call sub-topics just under Betrayal of Trust. Therefore, more often than not, when trust is broken... all other kinds or type of relationship follows. When you have no trust, you cannot love.... cannot call a person your friend... cannot accept someone as a family... cannot have confidence in having a good relationship That is how far Betrayal of Trust can destroy everything. 

You may think that any kind of betrayal is still betrayal. You are correct, of course! Just like how any type of lie is still a lie. So what am I getting at? White lies maybe justified and may not harm anyone if used with no malicious intention. Unfortunately, betrayal is intentionally done with no best intention at all. Most often than not, betrayal is a selfish act of gaining something for oneself while taking for granted others. Betrayal cannot be justified and is always detrimental. 

In a nutshell, Betrayal of Trust does not only encompasses all other kinds of betrayal but is also the main catalyst for all the 7 deadly sins. It is something that never ever result in anything good and most often than not it will make everything worst. 

A little reminder would be: "think a hundred times before you do something"; "a word whipered or a deed done, cannot be erased or taken back at all, for all time"; "it takes years to build trust but only a single word or thought to break it"; "trust broken is like a broken mirror, can be put together again but you'll still see the mothufuckng cracks" I hope I conveyed my views about this topic. 

Let me know your thoughts. And if you have any specific subjects you want, tell me and I'll try my best to tell you what my views are. Till next post! 

Disclaimer: definitions from Wikitary and Merriam Webster's Dictionary respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?