Saturday 24 November 2012

Manga Addiction | Ookami-heika no Hanayome - Kauta Mato

Alternative Title: Wolf King's Bride
Serialization: LaLa
Summary:

Yuurin, the daughter of a low ranking government officer, came to the royal palace after hearing of a job with higher wages. However, that job is to act as the bride of Haku Reishou, who is feared as being the ruthless and heartless "His Majesty, the Wolf". In the royal palace where conspiracies swirl, after learning His Majesty's secret, Yuurin ends up stuck being his temporary bride...!? (Source: StarryHeaven)

I've read this manga last year 2010 for about two chapters and then forgot about it because of the not so frequent updates. It's still in my Manga Reading List, though. I know the background and I was really curious on how Yuurin will react if she found out about the real Wolf King. 

As to what I know from just about two chapters, Reishou is really (no kidding...) a Wolf king. He is sly and as what his adviser (i-forgot-his-name) said... he will not let go of his prey. (Who do you think is the prey? LOL) Moving on, I also know that he is quite infatuated with Yuurin because for some reason and I quote "I don't want her to hate me..." that's what he said. Yuurin is also slowly (or is it fast?! 「(°ヘ°) ) falling in love with the Reishou, although she kepts telling herself to avoid it at all cost and despite the fact that she sees the cruelty of the Wolf King. (or, maybe she's just in denial... LOL) (*´ω`)o

Honestly, I remember Saiunkoku Monogatari in this manga. The plot would be the same with the girl going into the royal palace to be a paid concubine/wife of the emperor who will gradually fall for the oblivious girl who is also falling for the emperor but will not allow herself to fall. *phew* The characters have similarities but I must say, the Wolf King persona is more like Seiran (the-all-loving-and-giving-caretaker-of-Shurei) than with Ryuuki. But Yuurin and Shurei does act and speak alike in more ways than one. I loved Saiunkoku very much that I want to continue reading it forever. So, I just hope that this may at least be half as good or more as Saiunkoku. So far, I am ever loving the humor and hilarity of the everyday event in the manga, I think it really has a great potential to be better than Saiunkoku. 

Nevertheless, for now, I will start reading it from the start again so as to not skip some delicious chapters along the way. I hope it'll be updated frequently. Now, it's one of my current addictions. Till next post! (─‿‿─)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?